- 理解;了解;弄清:
I couldn't make out what she meant.
我不懂她是什么意思。
Can you make out what he is trying to say?
你明白他想说的意思吗?
- 看清楚,辨认出:
There's someone outside the window,but I can't make out who it is.
窗外有人,但我看不清是谁。
I can just make out the horse in the distance.
我只能隐约看见远处的那匹马。
- 写出,书写(文件等);开出(支票、账单等),填写(表格):
When you make out the bill, please tell me.
你开出账单后,请告诉我。
I'm trying to make out a shopping list.
我正在写出购货清单。
- 假装,装作:
He made out to be ill.
他假装生病。
Anna has always made out that her father was rich, but it isn't true.
安娜总是佯称她父亲很有钱,但事实并非如此。
- 凑足;完成:
The article was included to make out a book.
加上这篇文章凑成了一本书。
- 得出…的结论,推断出,找到答案:
How do you made that out?
你是怎么得出那个结论的?
- [美国英语]开展,顺利进展:
Whatever profession Wise chooses, I'm sure he'll make out all right.
怀斯不管干哪行,我想他都会成功的。
When we see how you make out, we'll talk about the possibility of more lasting employment.
当我们看到你工作有成绩时就会讨论较长时间雇用你的可能性。
- 勉强度日,设法应付:
How did he make out while his mother was away?
他母亲外出不在时他是怎样过日子的?
How did you make out with them?
你是如何和他们相处下去的?
- (和某人)建立友谊;发生性关系,性交:
How did you make out with the girl we met last week?
你和上星期我们遇到的那个姑娘关系怎么样了?
- 声称,宣称;把…说成是:
He made out that his car had been stolen.
他声称他的汽车被盗。
Jack is not such a fool as he's made out to be.
杰克并不像人们说的那么傻。
- [美国口语]柔情地接吻和抚摸;爱抚
- [口语]尽力做;尽力应付