- 撵走,赶走,逐出;开除;使(球员等)退场:
If you can't be quiet,I'll put you out.
如果你不安静,我就把你赶出去。
- 熄灭;扑灭;关掉:
Please put the light out when you leave the room.
离开房间时请把灯关掉。
- [美国英语]花钱;贷(款)给某人:
Banks are putting out more and more money to people who will buy houses.
银行向买房者发放越来越多的贷款。
- 使不安,使担忧;使迷惑;使困惑:
Will it put you out if I bring another guest?
我要是多带一位客人来会不会给你添麻烦。
- 使发怒,使不高兴:
I wonder what she was so much put out by.
我不知道她当时为什么生这么大的气。
- 使(某人)不便:
I hope we're not putting you out by coming here today.
我希望我们今天到这儿来,不会使你不方便。
- 出版,发行;公布,发布,发表;广播:
The government has put out a statement denying these rumours.
政府发表了一项声明,否认了这些谣言。
- 生产(分配);供应:
The company puts out 2,000 computers every month.
这家公司每月生产二千台计算机。
- [美国英语]【棒球】使(击球手)出局:
A skilful ball from John put out the opposing team's batsman.
约翰的一个刁球使对方击球手出局。
- 拿出,伸出:
The doctor asked him to put out his arm.
大夫要他伸出胳膊。
- 使出(气力等),拿出(力量等);努力:
The only person who deserves criticism is the one who isn't putting out.
惟一挨批评的人是不努力的人。
- (植物)生出,长出(嫩芽、花、叶等):
We thought the tree was dead,but it put out new branches again this spring.
我们以为这棵树死了,可今春它又长出了新枝。
- (用拳击、麻醉剂等)使不省人事,使失去知觉,使昏迷过去:
He put his opponent out in the fifth round.
他在第五回合中将对手击昏。
- 使(结果等)不准确:
That little mistake has put the whole calculation out.
那个小小的误差,使整个计算都不准确了。
- 使脱臼,扭脱(关节):
I can't play tennis today because I've put my shoulder out.
我今天打不了网球,我肩关节脱臼了。
- 挖掉某人的眼睛
- 把(某事)交到外面去做,把活拿出去给别人做:
A lot of translation is put out to freelances.
翻译工作有很多是请外面人做的。
- 放款,把(钱)借出收取利息:
Make sure you put out your savings at a high rate of interest.
你要弄确实,你的储蓄得到高利息。
- 打扰,麻烦;打乱某人的安排:
I hope it won't put you out too much if we stay to have some tea.
如果我们留下来喝茶,希望这不会太打扰你。
- (船或船员)出航,出海:
We put out to sea at high tide.
我们乘涨潮时出海。
- 放牧;把(某人)托给别人照顾:
They put out their sheep to grass every day.
他们每天把羊放出去吃草。
- 放在户外;把…放在…外面:
If it turns fine, I shall put the washing out.
如果天气转晴,我把洗的衣服晒出去。
- [美国俚语]以(金钱、女色)做报酬;(女子)与男人发生性关系:
I'm told this girl puts out for a price.
我听说这个姑娘卖淫。