- (使)从…出来;(使)从(车等)下来:
The door locked accidentally, and I couldn't get out of the room.
门无意中反锁上了,我无法从房间里出来了。
- 从…取出;从…除掉:
Can you get this nail out of the wood?
你能把这枚钉子从木头里拔出来吗?
- 从…借出(书);从…取出(钱):
You can only get five books out of the library at any one time.
你一次只能从图书馆借五本书。
- (使)从…离开,从…解脱:
Why don't you get out of the city if you don't like it?
你要是不喜欢这座城市,干吗不离开它呢?
- 从…抄袭下来;从…复制下来:
His story isn't original, he got it out of a magazine.
他的叙述不是他创作的,而是从一本杂志上抄袭来的。
- (使)从…逃脱:
They were terrified when they heard that the lion had got out of its cage.
他们听说狮子从笼子里逃脱后,感到惊恐不安。
- 从…探听出;从…盘问出;听到:
I'll get the truth out of the prisoner if it takes all night.
即使花上一整夜,我也要从囚犯口中盘问出真相。
- 从…得到(或获得):
Don't imagine that I'm going to get a huge profit out of this deal.
别认为我会从这笔生意中得到一大笔钱。
- 戒掉,(使)摆脱(某习惯):
How can I get out of the habit of smoking?
我如何才能戒掉抽烟的习惯呢?
- (使)避免;(使)摆脱(某事):
I don't suppose I shall ever be able to get out of debt.
我想我永远不能摆脱债务了。
- (使)逃避(责任、义务、职责等):
Running won't get you out of your punishment.
逃跑也不能使你逃避惩罚。
- (使)荒疏:
You can soon get out of practice unless you play the piano regularly.
除非你能经常练习钢琴,不然你会很快感到生疏。
- (使)不再有(规则、秩序等):
How did my papers get out of order?
我的文件怎么给弄乱了?